Make Buyers Love Your Home
Take into account the following when prepping your home for showing:
1. Curb appeal… because you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Give your front door a fresh coat of paint. Polish the hardware. Clean glass. Add some flowers in urns or a wreath depending on the season. Sweep the front walkway.
2. Less is more when it comes to decor… buyers need to be able to imagine their furniture in your house. Take down family photos and other personalized decor.
3. Declutter… purchase storage bins to put away your extra decor belongings. Stack neatly in a closet garage, or attic.
4. Touch up paint… use neutral colors in main living spaces. Buyers hate the thought of having to repaint.
5. Have your carpeting professionally cleaned…removes odors and picks up staining furniture marks.
6. Put out a vase of fresh flowers on your dining table or kitchen island.
7. Use throw pillows and/or a blanket on your sofa… make sure you have more than two pillows, the pillows are fluffed, use different colors and sizes. Folding a blanket on a diagonal and draping it over the sofa gives it a cozy feel. Look through a furniture catalog or showroom for inspiration.
8. Bath… put toilet lids down in bathroom. Clear off bathroom vanity, stack clean towels on the vanity. Clean your shower/tub and remove soap and shampoo.